This is a dummy column
Access, holdings & availability
- Lash, Kurt T., author.
- Other title:
- 14th Amendment and the privileges and immunities of American citizenship
- New York, NY : Cambridge University Press, 2014. , ©2014
xvii, 307 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- United States. Constitution. -- 14th Amendment -- History.
Privileges and immunities -- United States.
Federal government -- United States.
Civil rights -- United States.
- "This book presents the history behind a revolution in American liberty: the 1868 addition of the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. This exhaustively researched book follows the evolution in public understanding of "the privileges and immunities of citizens of the United States," from the early years of the Constitution to the critical national election of 1866. For the first 92 years of our nation's history, nothing in the American Constitution prevented states from abridging freedom of speech, prohibiting the free exercise of religion, or denying the right of peaceful assembly"-- Provided by publisher.
- The Fourteenth Amendment : an introduction
On antebellum privileges and immunities
Framing the privileges or immunities clause
The public debate
Post-adoption commentary on the privileges or immunities clause
Text and theory.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781107023260 (hardback)
Virtual Shelf Browse
Penn Libraries' physical holdings in call-number order