Access, holdings & availability
- Philadelphia, Pa. : South Asia Studies Dept. University of Pennsylvania, c2010.
775 p. ; 29 cm. + 1 DVD-ROM (4 3/4 in.).
Tamil language -- Verb -- Dictionaries.
Tamil language -- Dictionaries -- English.
- Text in Tamil and English.
- Accompanying DVD-ROM contains ... "this dictionary ... in electronic form (on DVD, and an html versions) and the 'printable' form."--P. .
An English Dictionary of the Tamil Verb represents over twenty-five years of work led by Harold F. Schiffman, Professor, emeritus, of Dravidian Lingusitics and Culture at the University of Pennsylvania's Department of South Asia Studies. It contains translations for 6597 English verbs and defines 9716 Tamil verbs. It is expected that the dictionary will be useful for Tamil learners, scholars and others interested in the Tamil language.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Elsie de Renzo Orlando Fund.
Schiffman, Harold F.
Elsie de Renzo Orlando Fund.
- Web link:
The Elsie de Renzo Orlando Fund Home Page