Studies in the anthropology of Oceania and Asia, presented in memory of Roland Burrage Dixon, by James M. Andrews, IV, Gordon T. Bowles, Carleton S. Coon [and others] Edited by Carleton S. Coon and James M. Andrews.
- Other records:
- Cambridge, Mass., The Museum, 1943.
- Papers of the Peabody Museum of American Archaeology and Ethnology, Harvard University. Vol. 20
xiv, 220 p. incl. illus. (incl. maps) tables, diagr. fron. (port.) plates. 27 cm.
- Dixon, Roland Burrage, 1875-1934.
Ethnology -- Oceania.
Ethnology -- Asia.
- Physical differentiation in Polynesia, by H. L. Shapiro. - Polynesian stone remains, by K. P. Emory. - Two unique petroglyphs in the Marquesas which point to Easter Island and Malaysia, by E. S. C. Handy. - The gods of Rennell Island, by Gordon MacGregor. - The racial elements of Melanesia, by W. W. Howells. - The horomorun concepts of southern Bougainville: a study in comparative religion, by D. L. Oliver. - Notes on northeast Australian totemism, by R. L. Sharp. - Culture sequences in Madagascar, by Ralph Linton. - Linguistic and racial aspects of the Munda problem, by Ralph Linton. - Linguistic and racial aspects of the Munda problem, by G. T. Bowles. - Evolutionary trends in body build; data from Thailand (Siam) by J. M. Andrews, IV. - Physical types among the Japanese, by F. S. Hulse. - The prone burials of Anyang, by Li Chi. - Observations on the bronze age in the Yenisel valley, Siberia, by J. H. Gaul. - Southern Arabia, a problem for the future, by C. S. Coon.
- "Bibliography of Roland Burrage Dixon, prepared by Miss Constance Ashenden": p. xii-xiv. "References cited" at end of most of the articles.
- Coon, Carleton S. (Carleton Stevens), 1904-1981, ed.
Andrews, James Madison, 1905- joint ed.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|