American Composers Alliance recording award [sound recording].
- Other Title:
A question of summer.
- New York, N.Y. : CRI, p1988.
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Trios (Clarinet, flute, viola)
Songs (High voice) with percussion.
Tuba and harp music.
- Five progressions for three instruments : (1971) / Paul Alan Levi (15:15)
Angstwagen : (1971) / Rolv Yttrehus (5:05)
Tesserae II : (Fantasy for cello) : (1972) / Brian Fennelly (10:40)
A question of summer : (1976) / Barney Childs (9:20).
- Zizi Mueller, flute, Esther Lamneck, clarinet, Yuval Waldman, viola (1st work) ; Janet Wheeler, soprano, Gordon Gottlieb, Daniel Druckman, percussion, the composer conducting (2nd work) ; Fred Sherry, cello (3rd work) ; Ruth K. Inglefield, harp, Ivan Hammond, tuba (4th work).
- The 1st work for flute, clarinet and viola; the 2nd for soprano and percussion (2 players); the 3rd for violoncello; the fourth for harp and tuba.
The 2nd work sung in German; text by the composer.
Biographical and program notes by Paul Alan Levi, including German text with English translation of the 2nd work, on container.
The 1st-3rd works recorded in 1986; the 4th work recorded in the Electronic Music Studio, College of Musical Arts, Bowling Green State University.
- Mueller, Zizi. , Performer
Lamneck, Esther. , Performer
Waldman, Yuval. , Performer
Wheeler, Janet. , Performer
Gottlieb, Gordon. , Performer
Druckman, Daniel. , Performer
Yttrehus, Rolv. , Conductor
Sherry, Fred. , Performer
Inglefield, Ruth K. , Performer
Hammond, Ivan. , Performer
- Levi, Paul Alan. Progressions, flute, clarinet, viola.
Yttrehus, Rolv. Angstwagen.
Fennelly, Brian. Tesserae, no. 2.
Childs, Barney. Question of summer.
- Publisher Number:
- SD 556 CRI
Composers Recordings CRI SD 556
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|