Jazz Cleopatra : Josephine Baker in her time / by Phyllis Rose.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Doubleday, 1989.
, xi, , 321,  pages,  pages of unnumbered plates : illustrations, portraits. ; 24 cm
- Baker, Josephine, 1906-1975.
Dancers -- France -- Biography.
African American entertainers -- France v Biography.
France -- Race relations.
United States -- Race relations
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Part I. Letting Go (1925-26). Savage Dance; Black Broadway, Black Paris; Top Banana
Part II. Changing (1927-38). Fresh Blood; Queen of the Colonies
Part III. Reaching Back (1939-75). Venus in Jeeps; The Family of Man; The Overdressed Years; Finale: Staging Love.
- "Drawings for chapter headings: Josephine Baker vue par la presse francaise, Beinecke Rare Books and Manuscript Library, Yale University."
"This book was composed in the typeface Granjon ... The display was set in Alette ... It was printed in 55 lb cream white offset."
"Designed by Marysarah Quinn."
"Jacket design by Carin Goldberg. Jacket photographs by Hoyningen-Huene/Vanity Fair © 1930 ..."
Includes bibliographical references (pages -306) and index.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 038524892X :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|