The English garden : a poem : book the fourth / by W. Mason, M.A.
- York : Printed by A. Ward ; [London] : And sold by J. Dodsley ... T. Cadell ... and R. Faulder ... London ; [York] : And J. Todd, in York, MDCCLXXXI 
, 54,  p. ; 27 cm (4to)
- h.om o.i- 7.'s DoTh (3) 1781 (R)
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Added collective title leaf which reads: The English garden: a poem. In four books. By W. Mason, M.A. ... York printed by A. Ward: And sold by J. Dodsley, Pall-Mall; T. Cadell, in the Strand; and R. Faulder, in New Bond-Street, London: And J. Todd, in York. M.DCC.LXXXI.
"While the additional titlepage noted the work to be book 4 of 'The English garden', the owners of all four books could have them bound together, using the collective titlepage issued with book 4, if they so wished to utilize the collective titlepage."--ESTC.
Signatures: [A]² B-H⁴ (leaf H4 blank)
Erratum on leaf H3v.
- Local notes:
- Furness copy bound with: Shirley, William. Electra. London : Printed by W. Faden : To be had of J. Newbery ... and R. Davis ..., MDCCLXV .
Furness copy has on front pastedown manuscript contents list (in the hand of John Ruggles?), with annotation that the first work in the volume is the gift of the author.
Furness copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2019 from Christopher Edwards Antiquarian Books & Manuscripts.
Furness copy has oval stamp of Thomas Ruggles ("TRUGGLES" around image of a tower) on front pastedown.
Furness copy has dated 19th-century autograph ("John Ruggles 1817") of John Ruggles-Brise on front free endpaper.
- Penn Provenance:
- Ruggles, Thomas, 1737?-1813 (stamp) (Furness copy)
Ruggles-Brise, John, 1782-1852 (autograph) (Furness copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T32682
Gaskell, P. First editions of W. Mason, 26
- Ward, Anne, -1789, printer.
Dodsley, James, 1724-1797, bookseller.
Cadell, T. (Thomas), 1742-1802, bookseller.
Faulder, Robert, 1747 or 1748-1815, bookseller.
Todd, John, -1811, bookseller.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|