The mind in the making : the relation of intelligence to social reform / by James Harvey Robinson.
- Other records:
- New York and London : Harper & Brothers, 1921. , ©1921
235 pages ; 22 cm
- Social psychology.
Civilization -- History.
- On the purpose of this volume
Three disappointed methods of reform
On various kinds of thinking
How creative thought transforms the world
Our animal heritage : the nature of civilization
Our savage mind
Beginning of critical thinking
Influence of Plato and Aristotle
Origin of medieval civilization
Our medieval intellectual inheritance
The scientific revolution
How scientific knowledge has revolutionized the conditions of life
"The sickness of an acquisitive society"
The philosophy of safety and sanity
Some reflections on the philosophy of repression
What of it?
- "Copyright, 1921, by Harper & Brothers"--verso of title page.
"Some suggestions in regard to reading": pages 231-235.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Copy gifted by Dr. Mark B. Adams in 2018.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B. (former owner) (autograph, December, 1973) (Adams copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Harper & Brothers, publisher.
Mark B. Adams Emergence of Modern Science Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
United States New York (State) New York (City)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|