The animal kingdom : arranged after its organization, forming a natural history of animals, and an introduction to comparative anatomy / by the late Baron Cuvier ; translated and adapted to the present state of science ; The Mammalia, birds, and reptiles, by Edward Blyth ; The fishes and Radiala by Robert Mudie ; The molluscous animals by George Johnston M.D. ; The articulated animals, by J.O. Westwood, F.L.S.
- A new edition, with additions by W.B. Carpenter ... and J.O. Westwood ... illustrated by three hundred engravings on wood and thirty-four on steel.
- London : Wm. S. Orr and Co., Amen Corner, Paternoster Row, 1854.
 leaf, vii pages, 1 unnumbered leaf, 718 pages, 33 leaves of plates : illustrations (some color, engravings) ; 26 cm
- Pictorial cloth bindings (Binding) -- 1854.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- The Mammelia birds, and reptiles / by Edward Blyth
The fishes and Radiala / by Robert Mudie
The molluscous animals / by George Johnston
The articulated animals / by J.O. Westwood.
- A new edition.
Added, engraved title page on  leaf at front.
Translation of Le regne animal.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Bound in red cloth, stamped in gilt. Front cover illustration of a lion. Spine illustration of a parrot and vulture.
Athenaeum copy: Gift: Koblenzer.
Kislak Center Copy gifted by Dr. Mark B. Adams in 2018.
- Penn Provenance:
- Chandler, T. P. (autograph)
Adams, Mark B. (former owner) (Adams copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Blyth, Edward, 1810-1873, contributor.
Mudie, Robert, 1777-1842, contributor.
Johnston, George, 1797-1855, contributor.
Westwood, J. O. (John Obadiah), 1805-1893, contributor
Carpenter, William Benjamin, 1813-1885, contributor.
Orr & Compy, publisher.
Mark B. Adams Emergence of Modern Science Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|