Atomic energy for military purposes : the official report on the development of the atomic bomb under the auspices of the United States Government, 1940-1945 / by Henry DeWolf Smyth.
- Other Title:
- General account of the development of methods of using atomic energy for military proposes under the auspices of the United States government, 1940-1945
- [New and enl. ed. / including statements by the British and Canadian Governments].
- Princeton : Princeton University Press, 1946, c1945.
vii, 308 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History.
Nuclear energy -- United States -- History.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New Jersey Princeton.
- Statement of the problem
Administrative history up to December 1941
Progress up to December 1941
Administrative history, 1942-1945
The metallurgical project at Chicago in 1942
The plutonium production problem as of February 1943
The plutonium problem, January 1943 to June 1945
General discussion of the separation of isotopes
The separation of the uranium isotopes by gaseous diffusion
Electromagnetic separation of uranium isotopes
The work on the atomic bomb
- Originally published under title: Atomic bombs. Commonly known as the Smyth report.
"This book is a republication, with the modifications detailed in the author's preface, of the official report issued by the 'Manhattan District, ' U.S. Corps of Engineers (the name given by the War Department to the Atomic Bomb Project)."--Preliminary page.
"Written at the request of Maj. Gen. L.R. Groves, U.S.A."
- Local notes:
- Zinman copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2016 by Michael Zinman.
Zinman copy: dust jacket (damaged) retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Zinman, Michael (donor) (Zinman copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- John Penman Wood Fund.
Zinman Atomic Energy Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|