Britain at war / edited by Monroe Wheeler ; Text by T. S. Eliot, Herbert Read, E. J. Carter and Carlos Dyer.
- New York : The Museum of Modern Art, [c1941]
97,  pages : including color frontispiece, illustrations, plates, portraits ; 26 cm
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Great Britain.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works.
- Defense of the islands / T.S. Eliot
The artist and national defense / Monroe Wheeler
The war as seen by British artists / Herbert Read
Paintings and drawings
Architectural reconstruction and war-time forms / E.J. Carter
The role of the artist in camouflage / Carlos Dyer
Catalog of paintings and drawings.
- "Ten thousand copies of this book were printed in Mary 1941 for the Trustees of the Museum of Modern Art by the Plantin Press, New York."
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Welsch Eliot Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Carol Anne Harves.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Welsch, Erwin K. (former owner) (Welsch Eliot Collection)
Harves, Carol Anne (donor) (Welsch Eliot Collection)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Gallup, D.C. Eliot (rev. ed.), E2d
- Wheeler, Monroe, 1899-1998.
Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965.
Carter, E. J.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Erwin K. and Carol Welsch T.S. Eliot Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|