The Annual register : or a view of the history, politics, and literature for the year...
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- The Annual register (London, England : 1758)
- Other Title:
- Dodsley's annual register
- London : Printed by assignment from J. Dodsley, [1762-
195 v. : maps. ; 21-23 cm.
- Annual register; or, a view of the history, politics, and literature for the year
- Continued By:
- Annual register of world events
- History -- Periodicals.
- Vols. for 1784-1785 issued in combined form; 1820, in 2 parts.
Vols. for 1863-1946 called "new ser".
Vols. for 1920-1953 called also v. 162-195.
Originated with Robert Dodsley, at the suggestion of Edmund Burke, who was for some years editor and principal contributor. Some time after 1791, the copyright and stock were purchased by Otridge and other booksellers.
In U. of P. Libraries: volumes for 1773, 1784/1785, 1789, 1791- 1793, 1799, 1801-1802, 1807-1809, 1811-1812, 1815 in Forrest Collection called "new edition."
- Finding Aid/Index:
- "A general index to the Annual register ; or a summary view of the history of Europe....from the year 1781 to the year 1792, both inclusive." London : Printed for F. and C. Rivington, 1799.
"General index to Dodsley's annual register from its commencement in 1758 to the year 1819." London : Printed for Baldwin, Cradock and Joy, 1826.
- Burke, Edmund, 1729-1797, ed.
- Other format:
- Annual register (London, England : 1758 : Online)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|