The dollmaker / by Harriette Arnow.
- New York : Macmillan, 1954.
549 p. ; 22 cm
- Women -- Appalachian Region -- Fiction.
Women -- Michigan -- Detroit -- Fiction.
City and town life -- Fiction.
Appalachian Region -- Fiction.
Detroit (Mich.) -- Fiction.
Mountain life -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Gertie Nevels and her husband Clovis are untouched by city life until the outbreak of World War II. They are forced to abandon their Kentucky mountain home and travel to Detroit so that Clovis can participate in the war effort by repairing heavy machinery. Gertie's survival techniques are useless in an urban milieu. In spite of the debasing effect of city life, Gertie maintains her faith in her fellow beings.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Caroline F. Schimmel.
Schimmel Collection copy: dust jacket retained (portion torn off).
- Penn Provenance:
- Schimmel, Caroline F. (donor) (Schimmel Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Caroline F. Schimmel Fiction Collection of Women in the American Wilderness (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|