Instigations of Ezra Pound : together with an essay on the Chinese written character by Ernest Fenollosa.
- Other Title:
- [1st ed.]
- New York : Boni and Liveright, [c1920].
viii, 388 p. ; 21 cm.
- French poetry -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
English literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
Greek literature -- Translations.
Chinese language -- Writing.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Contains French, Greek and Latin texts.
- A study of French poets: Narration; Jules Laforgue; Tristan Corbière; Arthur Rimbaud; Remy de Gourmont; De Régnier; Emile Verhaeren; Vielé-Griffin; Stuart Merril; Laurent Tailhade; Francis Jammes; Moréas; Spire; Vildrac; Jules Romains; Unanimisme; De Bosschère's study of Elskamp; Albert Mockel and "La Wallonie"
Remy de Gourmont, a distinction followed by notes
In the vortex: Eliot; Joyce; Lewis; An historical essayist; The new poetry; Breviora
Our tetrarchal précieuse, a divigation from Jules Laforgue
Genesis, or the first book in the Bible
Translators of Greek
An essay on the Chinese written character / by the late Ernest Fenollosa, edited by Ezra Pound.
- With half-title.
"Copyright, 1920, by Ezra Pound."
Dark blue cloth boards stamped in blind on front cover and lettered in gilt on spine. Top edge stained blue.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has front cover disbound.
Culture Class Collection copy has top portion of spine laid in.
- Penn Chronology:
- Fenollosa, Ernest Francisco, 1853-1908.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|