Make light of it; collected stories. William Carlos Williams.
- Other records:
- New York, Random House . (Scranton, Pa. : Manufactured in the United States of America by Haddon Craftsmen)
ix, , 342 pages 21 cm
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
United States Pennsylvania Scranton.
- I. The knife of the times. The knife of the times ; A visit to the fair ; Hands across the sea ; The sailor's son ; An old time raid ; The buffalos ; Mind and body ; The colored girls of Passenack : old and new ; A descendant of kings ; Pink and blue ; Old Doc Rivers
II. Life along the Passaic River. Life along the Passaic River ; The girl with a pimply face ; The use of force ; A night in June ; The dawn of another day ; Jean Beicke ; A face of stone ; To fall asleep ; The cold world ; Four bottles of beer ; At the front ; The right thing ; Second marriage ; A difficult man ; Danse pseudomacabre ; The Venus ; The accident ; Under the greenwood tree ; World's end
III. Beer and cold cuts. The burden of loveliness ; Above the river ; No place for a woman ; In northern waters ; The paid nurse ; Frankie the newspaper man ; Ancient gentility ; The final embarrassment ; The round the world fliers ; The redhead ; Verbal transcription : 6 a.m. ; The insane ; The good old days ; A good natured slob ; A lucky bread ; The pace that kills ; Lena ; Country rain ; Inquest ; Comedy entombed ; The zoo.
- Title printed on two opposing pages.
"Designed by Maurice Kaplan."
"Gray cloth boards stamped on cover and spine with black and white rectangular design. Lettering stamped in gold. Top edge stained red.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Culture Class Collection copy is "First Printing".
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963. Make light of it.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|