A book of burlesques / by H. L. Mencken [Opus 12] author of "A Little Book in C Major," etc.
- Other records:
- [1st ed.]
- New York : John Lane Company, MCMXVI . (New York, U.S.A. : Press of J. J. Little & Ives Company)
253,  p.,  fold. chart : music ; 20 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Death: a philosophical discussio
From the programme of a concert
The wedding: a stage direction
The artist: a drama without words
Seeing the world
From the memoirs of the devil
Litanies for the overlooked
Asepsis: a deduction in scherzo form
Tales of the moral and pathological
Portraits of Americans
Panoramas of people
The new soule
A genealogical chart of the uplift.
- With half-title.
Reprinted in part from various periodicals.
Maroon cloth binding, lettered and decorated in gilt.
Culture Class Collection copy has  p. leaflet "The Smart Set Suggestion to Our Visitors" inscribed "Dear Burton: Please read #25 carefully. G.J.N." laid in.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy inscribed "Lewis - for -- Burton May 1917, Chicago".
- Penn Provenance:
- Rascoe, Burton, 1892-1957 (donor) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Nathan, George Jean, 1882-1958 (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Library of Theodore Dreiser (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|