Of time and the river; a legend of man's hunger in his youth. By Thomas Wolfe.
- New York, Charles Scribner's Sons, 1935.
, 912,  p. 22 cm.
- Young men -- United States -- Fiction.
France -- Fiction.
England -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- "Copyright, 1935, by Charles Scribner's Sons."
"A" on title page verso.
"This novel is the second in a series of six of which the first four have now been written and the first two published. The title of the whole work, when complete, will be the same as that of the present book, 'Of time and the river.' [The first in the series was published under title: Look homeward, angel]"--Publisher's Note.
Several textual changes were made between the first and second printings (p. 29, line 9 first printing has "moist"; second printing has "most", etc.).--Cf. Johnston.
Black cloth binding with title and author gold stamped on green rectangular panels with two gold rules between each panel on front.
The second volume of the series "Of time and the river."
- Local notes:
- Gift of Mr. & Mrs. Sheldon Hackney.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has postcard laid in addressed to Mr & Mrs I. Greenberg.
Culture Class Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Culture Class Collection copy is "First edition, First printing".
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Johnston, C. Thomas Wolfe, A3.1d
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|