Passages from Finnegans Wake by James Joyce : a free adaptation for the theater / by Mary Manning.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Finnegan Wake
Joyce's Finnegans Wake for the theater
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1957. , ©1957
- Poet's theater series ; v. 3.
The Poets' Theatre series ; 3
xiii, 75 pages ; 25 cm
- Joyce, James, 1882-1941 -- Adaptations.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Cambridge.
United States Massachusetts Norwood.
- "The first stage presentation of this adaptation was at The Poets' Theatre in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on April 25, 1955."--verso of title page.
Introduction by Denis Johnston; production note, acknowledgements by Mary Manning; cast list April 1955; dust jacket illustration by Marcia Lambrecht.
Price from dust-jacket: $3.25.
"Copyright 1939 by James Joyce"--verso of title page.
"Typeography by Burton L. Stratton. The type used is English Monotype Fournier No. 185. Composition, presswork, and binding by the Plimpton Press, Norwood, Massachusetts, U.S.A."--verso of title page.
"Adaptations copyright 1955, 1957, by Mary Manning"--verso of title page.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
"This is number 86 of an edition limited to 100 copies printed for the sponsors of The Poets' Theatre"--Colophon (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy).
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joyce, James, 1882-1941.
Johnston, Denis, 1901-1984, writer of introduction.
Lambrecht, Marcia, illustrator of cover.
Harvard University. Press, publisher.
Stratton, Burton L., typographer
Plimpton Press, compositer, printer, binder.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|