Mr. Arcularis; a play. By Conrad Aiken.
- Cambridge, Harvard Univiversity Press, 1957.
ix, 83,  p. ; 22 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Cambridge.
- With half-title.
"This was originally adapted by Diana Hamilton from Aiken's story 'Mr. Arcularis,' as a play with the title 'Fear no More' and was produced, after much rewriting in which Aiken took part, in England in 1946. After a tour of the provinces, it ran for four weeks in London at the Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith. Later, when the rights have reverted to Aiken, he rewrote it from scratch and restored the original title. In this form it was produced by the by the Provincetown Players in 1949; at the Arena Stage in Washington, D.C. in 1951; ... "--Cf. Bonnell.
Price from wrapper $2.75.
Dark purplish-blue cloth boards stamped down the side in silver.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has label "With the compliments of Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Mass. For Review. Publication Date Jan 25. 1957 " and return postcard addressed to Harvard University Press acknowledging receipt of the book laid in.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Bonnell, F.W. Conrad Aiken a bibl. (1908-1978, A45
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|