A common-place book of John Milton : and a Latin essay and Latin verses presumed to be by Milton / edited from the original mss. in the possession of Sir Frederick U. Graham, Bart., by Alfred J. Horwood.
- Other records:
- [Westminster] : Printed for the Camden Society, 1876.
- Works of the Camden Society ; new ser., 16.
Publications of the Camden Society. New Series ; no. 16
xx, 69 p.,  leaves of plates : facsims. ; 22 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- England London Westminster.
- "Corrigenda.": P. 63.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Milton Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Joseph A. Wittreich in honor of Stuart A. Curran.
Penn Libraries copy bound in "original reddish-brown cloth ..., covers ruled in blind with central gilt initials of the Camden Society on front cover, gilt-decorated spine with title in gilt"--Wickenheiser.
Penn Libraries copy: bookplate ("John Birkbeck Esqr.") on front pastedown; bookplate ("College for Women Western Reserve University") with stamp ("English Library") on front pastedown; withdrawn stamp of Western Reserve University Library in blue ink on both bookplates and on title leaf.
Penn Libraries copy: p. 63-64 mended at fore-edge margin.
- Penn Provenance:
- Curran, Stuart A. (honoree)
Wittreich, Joseph Anthony (donor)
PRO Birkbeck, John (bookplate)
Case Western Reserve University. Libraries (bookplate) (stamp)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wickenheiser, R.J. Collection of John Milton, p. 45 (no. 74)
- Horwood, Alfred J. (Alfred John), 1821-1881.
Yarnall Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Stuart Curran-Joseph Wittreich Milton Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|