The Eccentricities of a Nightingale, and Summer and Smoke; two plays by Tennessee Williams.
- Other Title:
- Summer and Smoke
- [New York, Published for James Laughlin by the New Directions Publishing Corporation, 333 Sixth Avenue, 1964.]
- New Directions book.
A New Directions book
, 248,  p. 21 cm.
- American drama -- 20th century.
Young women -- Conduct of life -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Sexual attraction -- Drama.
Mississippi -- Drama.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- "Aside from the characters having the same names and the locale remaining the same, I think 'The Eccentricities of a Nightingale' is a substantially different play from 'Summer and Smoke', and I prefer it. It is less conventional and melodramatic."--Author's Note.
Light blue cloth binding stamped in gilt on spine.
"Jacket design by Alvin Lustig."
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Culture Class Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Williams, Tennessee, 1911-1983.
Lustig, Alvin, 1915-1955.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|