Trilby : a novel / by George du Maurier; with illustrations by the author.
- Other records:
- New York : Harper & Bros., 1894.
viii, 464 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Artists' models -- Fiction.
Women singers -- Fiction.
Hypnotists -- Fiction.
Artists -- Fiction.
Paris (France) -- Fiction.
- Love stories.
Pictorial cloth bindings (Binding) -- 1894.
- Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
Binding design by Margaret Armstrong.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 1 has ms. inscription concerning this edition, written by L.A. Ribson, on the front free endpaper.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2 has ms. inscription on front flyleaf: "Alice Farau Wann - October '94-".
Athenaeum copy: "Gold and green on gray cloth" -- Minsky; spiderweb in green with gold heart in center surrounded by gold wings, green floral border.
- Penn Provenance:
- Wann, Alice Farau (autograph) (inscription) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
Ribson, L.A. (autograph) (inscription) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 1)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Gullans, Charles B. Margaret Armstrong and American trade bindings 79
Minsky, Richard. American decorated publishers' bindings, 1879-1929 (electronic resource), v. 1, pg. 81
- Library of Theodore Dreiser (University of Pennsylvania)
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Armstrong, Margaret, 1867-1944 , Binding designer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|