Erasmus : a study of his life, ideals, and place in history / Preserved Smith.
- Other records:
- New York : Frederick Ungar, 1962.
xiv, 479 pages ; 22 cm
- Erasmus, Desiderius, -1536.
Church history -- 16th century.
Erasmus, Desiderius, -1536.
Erasmus, Desiderius 1469-1536.
- Local subjects:
- Érasme <m. 1536>
- Three tasks have been here attempted - first, to sum up many new facts and details on the life of Erasmus; secondly, to exhibit the genius of his rational piety; and thirdly, to explain, by the example of his career, the intricate relations of renaissance and reformation.
- Apprentice years
The revival of antiquity
The New Testament
The reformation : the first phase, 1517-21
Life as Basle, 1521-29
The colloquies and other pedagogical works
The controversy with Luther
The Swiss reformation
Last years at Freiburg and again at Basle
The genius of Erasmus and his place in history.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 461-466) and index (p. 469-479).
- Other format:
- Online version: Smith, Preserved, 1880-1941. Erasmus.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|