The Junius manuscript, edited by George Philip Krapp ...
- Standardized Title:
- Caedmon Manuscript.
- New York, Columbia University Press, 1931.
- Anglo-Saxon poetic records ; 1
The Anglo-Saxon poetic records, a collective edition. I
lviii, 247 p. 23 cm.
- English poetry -- Old English, ca. 450-1100.
Bibliography (p. [xlv]-lviii)
Christ and Satan.
- "The text of the poems ... has been made from the collotype reproductions of the Junius manuscript in Gollancz's 'The Caedmon manuscript' (Oxford University Press, 1927)"--Pref.
"When in 1654 Junius published at Amsterdam the poems ... he described them as a poetic paraphrase of Genesis and other parts of the Scriptures by the monk Cædmon. The manuscript now rests in the Bodleian Library at Oxford, where it is numbered Junius XI."--Introd.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has ms. notes in pencil on blank pages and in margins.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has ms. inscription on front pastedown: "Arthur Butler Dugan April 18, 1933 Princeton Graduate School".
- Penn Provenance:
- Dugan, Arthur Butler (autograph) (inscription) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
Krapp, George Philip, 1872-1934, ed.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|