The Consolation of philosophy : Boethius, The consolation of philosophy; Thomas à Kempis, The imitation of Christ; Sir Thomas Browne, Religio medici / with an introduction by Irwin Edman Professor of Philosophy, Columbia University.
- Other Title:
- Consolation of philosophy
- New York : The Modern Library, .
- Modern library of the world's best books.
The Modern library of the world's best books
xxii, 406 pages ; 19 cm.
- Consolation -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Introduction / by Irwin Edman
The consolation of philosophy / by Boethius
The imitation of Christ / by Thomas à Kempis
Religio medici / by Sir Thomas Browne.
- "First Modern library edition, 1943."
Publisher's advertisements:  pages at end.
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Herman Potok November 1951".
Potok Collection copy lacks statement of "First Modern Library edition ...".
Potok Collection copy has publisher's advertisements:  pages at end.
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Boethius, d. 524.
Browne, Thomas, Sir, 1605-1682.
Edman, Irwin, 1896-1954.
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|