Iohannis Scotti Annotationes in Marcianum, edited by Cora E. Lutz.
- Other records:
- Cambridge, Mass., The Mediaeval academy of America, 1939.
- Publication (Mediaeval Academy of America) no 34.
The Mediaeval academy of America. Publication no. 34
xxx, 244 p. 27 cm.
- Martianus Capella. De nuptiis Philologiae et Mercurii.
- So far as is now known, but one copy exists of this hitherto unpublished commentary on the De nuptiis Philologiae et Mercurii of Martianus Capella. It occupies folios 47r-115v, Lat. ms. 12960 in the Bibliothèque nationale. cf. Introd.
This edition had its inception in a study of the ninth-century commentaries on the seven liberal arts with especial reference to John the Scot, presented, together with four books of his commentary, as a dissertation for the doctor's degree at Yale (1933) The editor has completed the text and incorporated, with some revision, the pertinent conclusions of the earlier study into the introduction of the present edition. cf. Pref.
"Publication ... was made possible by grants of funds to the Academy from the Carnegie corporation of New York and the American council of learned societies."
- Lutz, Cora E. (Cora Elizabeth), 1906-
Paris. Bibliothèque nationale.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|