Clementine Hunter, American folk artist / by James L. Wilson.
- Gretna : Pelican Publishing Company, 1988.
160 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), portraits ; 23 x 28 cm
- Hunter, Clementine.
African American painting -- Louisiana -- Natichitoches.
Primitivism in art -- Louisiana -- Natichitoches.
Painting, Modern -- 20th century -- Louisiana -- Natichitoches.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Louisiana Gretna.
- Biography. Introduction. The Family. The Melrose Influence. Beginning to Paint. The Discovery of an Artist. The Later Years. works of Category. Dating Hunter's Paintings by Signature
Color Plates and Artist's Commentary
The Letters of François Mignon
- "Front of jacket: Pickin' Cotton (c. 1975) ... back of jacet: Zinnias on Green (c. 1962) ..."
"Designed by Dana Bilbray and Karen Foval."
"Composed in Goudy Old Style by Type III."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 155-158) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|