Report of the secretary of state, on the subject of the cod and whale fisheries : made conformably to an order of the House of Representatives of the United States, referring to him the representation of the General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts on those subjects, February 1, 1791 / published by order of the Senate of the United States.
- Philadelphia: : Printed by John Fenno ..., MDCCXCI 
- Government document
34 p. ; 31 cm. (fol.)
- y.ch s.or ofn- hadi (3) 1791 (R)
- Cod-fisheries -- Massachusetts -- Early works to 1800.
Fisheries -- United States -- Early works to 1800.
Fishery policy -- Early works to 1800.
Whaling -- United States -- Early works to 1800.
Massachusetts -- Industries -- Early works to 1800.
United States -- Commerce -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Signatures: [A]² B-H² I1.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy is no. 13 in a collection of 50 18th-century U.S. government documents, most by Alexander Hamilton and a few by Thomas Jefferson, Henry Knox, and others, bound in 2 volumes (13 in the first volume and 37 in the second, including two manuscripts).
RBC copy formerly owned by Alexander Hamilton, with ms. contents list of v. 1 in his hand on last blank leaf in volume. Cf. C.B. Clapp, "Alexander Hamilton's reports" in The University of Pennsylvania library chronicle v. 9, no. 2 (June 1941), p. 52-64.
RBC copy has autograph of Henry Kuhl on title leaf of first work in volume.
- Penn Provenance:
- Hamilton, Alexander, 1757-1804 (former owner) (RBC copy)
Kuhl, Henry, 1764-1856 (autograph) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Evans 23912
Clapp, C.B. "Alexander Hamilton's reports." In The University of Pennsylvania library chronicle v. 9, no. 2 (June 1941): 52-64, v. 1, no. 13
- Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826.
Fenno, John, 1751-1798, printer.
United States. Congress 1790-1791). Senate.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|