Treasury Department, January 6, 1791 : Sir, I have the honor to inform you that prior to the receipt of the order of the House of Representatives of the 30th ultimo, the formation of several returns of the nature of those designated in their resolution had been commenced at the Treasury ...
- Other Title:
- Title of table (folded leaf): General abstract of duties arising on the tonnage of vessels entered into the United States from the 1st of October, 1789, to the 30th of September, 1790
- [Philadelphia : Printed by Francis Childs and John Swaine?, 1791]
- Government document
 leaves (1 folded) ; 33 cm. (fol.)
- s.q. y.t, R,n. hed; (C) 1791 (Q)
- Taxation -- United States -- Early works to 1800.
Tonnage fees -- United States -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Giving an abstract of the duties on tonnage of vessels for the period 1 Oct. 1789 to 30 Sept. 1790 and abstracts of the duties on imports into the United States for the period 1 Aug. 1789 to 30 Sept. 1790.
Title from beginning of text.
Letter of transmittal, addressed to the speaker of the House, signed: Alexander Hamilton, Secretary of the Treasury.
Ascribed to the press of Francis Childs and John Swaine by Evans.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy is no. 10 in a collection of 50 18th-century U.S. government documents, most by Alexander Hamilton and a few by Thomas Jefferson, Henry Knox, and others, bound in 2 volumes (13 in the first volume and 37 in the second, including two manuscripts).
RBC copy formerly owned by Alexander Hamilton, with ms. contents list of v. 1 in his hand on last blank leaf in volume. Cf. C.B. Clapp, "Alexander Hamilton's reports" in The University of Pennsylvania library chronicle v. 9, no. 2 (June 1941), p. 52-64.
RBC copy has autograph of Henry Kuhl on title leaf of first work in volume.
RBC copy: folded leaf torn along one vertical fold.
- Penn Provenance:
- Hamilton, Alexander, 1757-1804 (former owner) (RBC copy)
Kuhl, Henry, 1764-1856 (autograph) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Evans 23926
Clapp, C.B. "Alexander Hamilton's reports." In The University of Pennsylvania library chronicle v. 9, no. 2 (June 1941): 52-64, v. 1, no. 10
- Hamilton, Alexander, 1757-1804.
Childs, Francis, 1763-1830, printer.
Swaine, John, 1762?-1794, printer.
United States. Congress 1790-1791). House
United States. Register of the Treasury.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|