Lord Chesterfield's advice to his son, on men and manners : in which the principles of politeness, and the art of acquiring a knowledge of the world, are laid down in an easy familiar manner, and illustrated by notes from "Galateo," a celebrated Italian treatise on politeness and delicacy of manners : to which are added, extracts from various books, recommended by Lord Chesterfield : Lord Burghley's Ten precepts to his son : Dr. Franklin's Way to wealth : and Pope's Universal prayer.
- Standardized Title:
- Selections. 1793
- London : Printed for W. Richardson ..., 1793.
xi, , 203,  p. : 17 cm. (8vo)
Conduct of life.
- Publishers' advertisements -- England -- 18th century
- Publisher's advertisements on p.  at end.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Gulick, S.L. Chesterfield (2nd ed.), 106.
- Burghley, William Cecil, Baron, 1520-1598. Ten precepts to his son. 1793.
Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790. Way to wealth. 1793.
Pope, Alexander, 1688-1744. Universal prayer. 1793.
Della Casa, Giovanni, 1503-1556. Galateo. English. Selections. 1793.
Advice to his son, on men and manners.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|