Mechanick exercises, or, The doctrine of handy-works [microform] : began Jan. 1, 1677, and intended to be monthly continued / by Joseph Moxon ...
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Mechanick exercises
- Other Title:
- Mechanick exercises.
Doctrine of handiworks.
- London : Printed for Joseph Moxon ..., 1677-1683 [i.e. 1684?]
- Goldsmiths'-Kress library of economic literature ; no. 2240.
2 v. : ill., ports.
- Industrial arts -- Early works to 1800.
Sundials -- Early works to 1800.
- Vol. 1, without general t.p., consists of 14 numbers with title pages dated 1677-1680; v. 2, with t.p. dated 1683, consists of 24 numbers without special title pages.
Vol. 2 has title: Mechanick exercises, or, The doctrine of handy-works, applied to the art of printing. Vol. 1 treats of smithing, joinery, house-carpentry, and turning.
Vol. 2 was probably completed during the summer of 1684. Cf. 1962 ed. of v. 2 by H. Davis and H. Carter, p. xlix.
Vol. 1: , 242,  p., excluding frontispiece ports., title pages of numbers II-XIV, and 18 "plates"; v. 2: , 394 p., excluding  leaves of ports., 33 "plates" and missing final leaf (probably blank). Some of the "plates" in each vol. are conjugate with leaves of text.
Microfilm. New Haven, Conn. : Research Publications, . 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Goldsmiths'-Kress library of economic literature ; no. 2240). -- Includes only v.1 of the original work.
- Cited in:
- Goldsmiths' Lib. cat., 2240.
Wing M3013 (v. 2 covered by M3014?)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|