The nine symphonies of Gustav Mahler [sound recording].
- Standardized Title:
- New York, N.Y. : Columbia, 
- Sound recording
14 sound discs : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
Choruses (Mixed voices) with orchestra.
- Lee Venora, soprano, Jennie Tourel, mezzo-soprano, Collegiate Chorale (in the 2nd) ; Martha Lipton, mezzo-soprano, Women's Chorus of the Schola Cantorum, Boys' Choir of the Church of the Transfiguration (in the 3rd) ; Reri Grist, soprano (in the 4th) ; Erna Spoorenberg, Gwyneth Jones, Gwenyth Annear, sopranos, Anna Reynolds, Norma Procter, altos, John Mitchinson, tenor, Vladimir Ruzdjak, baritone, Donald McIntyre, bass, Leeds Festival Chorus, London Symphony Orchestra Chorus, Orpington Junior Singers, Highgate School Boys' Choir, Finchley Children's Music Group (in the 8th) ; New York Philharmonic (in the 1st-7th and 9th) ; London Symphony Orchestra (in the 8th) ; Leonard Bernstein, conductor.
- Columbia: GMS 765 (MS 7019, MS 7021--MS 7026, MS 7043--MS 7049).
Manual sequence; the multi-disc symphonies may be played in automatic sequence.
Essays by the conductor, Robert Sabin, and Hans Fantel, notes on the symphonies by Bruno Walter, Edward Downes, David Johnson, and Jack Diether, and German texts with English translations (32 p. illus.) bound in album.
"Gustav Mahler remembered : reminiscences by associates and by musicians who played under his baton" and the Finale of the 4th symphony played by the composer on a Welte piano roll (1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, mono. ; 12 in. -- Columbia: BM 12) included in container.
- Local notes:
- "A special limited edition of which this is number 4137" -- Inner container.
- Venora, Lee. , Performer
Tourel, Jennie. , Performer
Lipton, Martha. , Performer
Spoorenberg, Erna. , Performer
Jones, Gwyneth, 1936- , Performer
Annear, Gwenyth. , Performer
Reynolds, Anna. , Performer
Procter, Norma. , Performer
Mitchinson, John. , Performer
Ruzdiak, Vladimir. , Performer
McIntyre, Donald, 1934- , Performer
Bernstein, Leonard, 1918-1990 ,
Schola Cantorum (Musical group) , Performer
Church of the Transfiguration (New York, N.Y.). Boys' Choir , Performer
Leeds Festival Chorus. ,
London Symphony Chorus. , Performer
Orpington Junior Singers. , Performer
Highgate School. Boys' Choir. , Performer
Finchley Children's Music Group. , Performer
New York Philharmonic. , Performer
London Symphony Orchestra. , Performer
- Mahler, Gustav, 1860-1911. Symphonies, no. 4, G major. Sehr behaglich; arranged
Gustav Mahler remembered.
- Publisher Number:
- GMS 765 Columbia
BM 12 Columbia
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|