Articles of association of the Society for the Suppression of Vice and Immorality [microform] : with addresses and extracts from laws.
- Other records:
- Newburyport [Mass.] : Printed for E.W. Allen, 1813 (Haverhill [Mass.] : W.B. & H.G. Allen)
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 29825.
- Society for the Suppression of Vice and Immorality.
Vice -- Law and legislation -- Massachusetts.
Sunday legislation -- Massachusets.
Crimes without victims -- Massachusetts.
Massachusetts -- Moral conditions.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Newburyport.
United States Massachusetts Haverhill.
- For a listing of titles in each box consult American bibliography : a preliminary checklist for 1801-1819 / compiled by Ralph R. Shaw and Richard H. Shoemaker.
The two addresses concern Sabbath observance and the sale of spiritous liquors; the laws extracted deal with the due regulation of licensed houses, gaming, blasphemy, cursing and swearing, and the due observance of the Lord's Day.
Microopaque. New York, N.Y. : Readex Microprint, courtesy of A.A.S., 1976. 1 microopaque ; 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 29825).
- Cited in:
- Shaw & Shoemaker, 29825.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|