The Independent Whig, or, A defence of primitive Christianity and of our ecclesiastical establishment [microform] : against the exorbitant claims and encroachments of fanatical and disaffected clergymen.
- Other Title:
- Independent Whig.
Defence of primitive Christianity and of our ecclesiastical establishment.
- 1st American from the 6th London ed.
- Hartford [Conn.] : William S. Marsh, 1816.
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 37920.
4 v. in 1.
- Church of England -- Parties and movements.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Connecticut Hartford.
- For a listing of titles in each box consult American bibliography : a preliminary checklist for 1801-1819 / compiled by Ralph R. Shaw and Richard H. Shoemaker.
A reprint of the work originally published as a weekly periodical in 1720-1721, edited by John Trenchard and Thomas Gordon. The first collected edition, 1721, contains 53 numbers. Other papers were added by Thomas Gordon in later editions, increasing the work to 4 volumes.
Microopaque. New York, N.Y. : Readex Microprint, courtesy of A.A.S., 1977. 6 microopaques ; 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 37920).
- Cited in:
- Shaw & Shoemaker, 37920.
- Trenchard, John, 1662-1723.
Gordon, Thomas, d. 1750.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|