The Easy instructor, or, A new method of teaching sacred harmony [microform] : containing I. the rudiments of music on an improved plan, wherein the naming and timing of the notes are familiarized to the weakest capacity; II. a choice collection of psalm tunes and anthems, from the most celebrated authors, with a number composed in Europe and America entirely new, suited to all metres sung in the different churches in the United States / by William Little and William Smith.
- Other Title:
- Easy instructor.
New method of teaching sacred harmony.
- Albany [N.Y.] : Printed for Websters & Skinners and Daniel Steele and sold at their respective book-stores,  ([Albany] : Packard & Van Benthuysen)
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 41275.
1 score (120 p.)
- Hymns, English.
Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 3 parts), Unaccompanied.
Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York Albany.
- For a listing of titles in each box consult American bibliography : a preliminary checklist for 1801-1819 / compiled by Ralph R. Shaw and Richard H. Shoemaker.
For 3-4 voices.
Advertisement, signed William Little, William Smith, dated Philadelphia, August 15th, 1798.
"Published for the use of singing societies in general, but more particularly for those who have not the advantage of an instructor."
"The music types used in printing this book are secured to the proprietors by patent rights."
Microopaque. New York, N.Y. : Readex Microprint, courtesy of A.A.S., 1980. 3 microopaques ; 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 41275).
- Cited in:
- Shaw & Shoemaker, 41275.
- Little, William, active 1800.
Smith, William, fl. 1802.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|