Talk that talk : an anthology of African-American storytelling / edited by Linda Goss & Marian E. Barnes.
- New York : Published by Simon & Schuster, .
, 521,  pages ; 24 cm
- African Americans -- Folklore.
Tales -- United States.
African Americans -- History -- Miscellanea.
- Local subjects:
- Goss, Linda (autograph) (Banks Collection copy)
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- I. When the Animals Talked: Animal Tales and Fables. Stories; Commentaries
II. Like it Was: History Remembered. Stories; Commentary
III. Preaching the Word: Sermons. Sermons; Commentaries
IV. Love Who Loves You: Traditional and Contemporary Stories of Family and Home. Stories; Commentary
V. The Bogey Man's Gonna Git You: Tales of Ghosts and Witches. Stories; Commentary
VI. "Shut My Mouth Wide Open": Humorous Tales and Anecdotes. Stories; Commentary
VII. Ah-la-dee-da-dee-bop-de-bop: Raps, Rhythms, and Rhymes in the Storytelling Tradition. Rhymes; Commentaries.
- "A Touchstone book."
"Designed by Sheree L. Goodman."
"Cover design by Julie Metz. Cover painting by Jacob Lawrence ..."
Introduction (pages 15-19) by Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 507-511) and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy inscribed "Dear Joanna, Thank so much for writing me. Please keep our traditions alive. You are indeed one of our caretakers. Spread the word, Linda Goss 12/15/89".
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (inscription) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Goss, Linda, editor.
Barnes, Marian, editor.
Gates, Henry Louis, Jr. writer of introduction.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0671671685 (pbk.) :
0671671677 (hard) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|