Famous houses and literary shrines of London, by A. St. John Adcock with seventy-four illustrations by Frederick Adcock and 16 portraits.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Famous London houses
- London. J. M. Dent & Sons, Ltd.; New York, E. P. Dutton & Co., 1912. (Edinburgh : Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. at the Ballantyne Press)
xv, , 356 p.,  leaves of plates illus., ports. 22 cm.
- Literary landmarks -- London.
Artists -- Great Britain.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
United States New York (State) New York.
- Some celebrated cockneys
Shakespeare in London
Where Pope stayed in Battersea
Goldsmith, Reynolds, and some of their circle
Homes and haunts of Johnson and Boswell
Blake and Flaxman
A Hampstead group
Round about Soho again
A philosopher, two poets, and a novelist
St. John's Wood and Wimbledon
- " ... [I] have been less concerned to give my own descriptions and opinions than to bring together opinions and descriptions that were written by such famous residents themselves or by guests and visitors who saw and knew them."
T.p. printed in red and black within double-ruled border divided into three sections.
Red cloth boards lettered and decorated in gilt on front cover and spine. Top edge gilt stained.
- Local notes:
- Frost Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2010 by Robert Frost.
- Penn Provenance:
- Frost, Robert (donor) (Frost Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Adcock, Frederick, illus.
Robert Frost Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|