Europe without Baedeker; sketches among the ruins of Italy, Greece, and England, together with notes from a European diary, 1963-1964.
- [1st rev. ed.].
- New York, Noonday Press, a division of Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 
xi, 467 pages 20 cm
- Europe -- Description and travel.
Europe -- Description and travel -- 1945-
- Notes on London at the end of the war
Roman diary: arrival; a visit to Santayana
Roman diary: sketches for a new Piranesi
Two survivors: Malraux and Silone
Through the Abruzzi with Mattie and Harriet
Roman diary: Russian exiles
Roman diary: British officials
London in midsummer
Rome in midsummer
Notes on liberated Milan
Greek diary: notes on liberated Athens
Greek diary: a trip to Delphi; notes on the British in Greece
Greek diary: communists, socialists and royalists
Greek diary: views of bull-headed Crete
Stopover in Naples
Homecoming: final reflections
Notes from a European diary: 1964-1964: Paris
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|