Exploration of the valley of the Amazon : made under direction of the Navy Department by Wm. Lewis Herndon and Lardner Gibbon.
- Other records:
- Washington : Robert Armstrong, public printer, 1853-54.
- Ex. Doc. / 32nd Congress, 2nd session. Senate ; no. 36
- Government document
2 v. : ill. ; 23 cm. + 2 atlases.
- Amazon River Valley -- Description and travel.
Brazil -- Description and travel.
Peru -- Description and travel.
Bolivia -- Description and travel.
United States -- Exploring expeditions.
Amazon River Valley.
United States -- Discovery and exploration.
- Part I by Lieut. Herndon. Part II by Lardner Gibbon.
Vol II has imprint: Washington : A.O.P. Nicholson, public printer, 1854.
Also issued (Washington, 1854) as House Ex. doc. no. 53, 33rd Congress, 1st session.
Vol. 1, by Herndon; v. 2, by Gibbon. Imprint of v. 2: Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson.
- Local notes:
- Imperfect: Forrest has only v.1.
Imperfect: RBC cop 2 has only v.2
Athenaeum copy: Gift: H.D. Eberlein, 1960.
- Penn Provenance:
- Forrest, Edwin, Estate of (donor) (Forrest copy)
Mann, William M. (autograph, 1855) (RBC cop.2, v.2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Sabin 31524
- Gibbon, Lardner.
United States. Navy Department.
United States. Navy Dept.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|