Great Britain; handbook for travellers by K. Baedeker, with 15 maps, 30 plans, and a panorama.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Baedeker's Great Britain
- 2d ed. revised and augmented
- Leipsic, K. Baedeker, London, Dulau and Co., 37 Soho Square, 1890. (Leipsic : Printed by Breitkopf & Härtel)
- Baedeker's guide books.
Baedeker's guide books
lxiv, 540 p., maps (colored, some folded) plans (partly folded) 16 cm.
- Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Guide-books.
- Place of Publication:
- Germany Leipzig.
- "The 'Handbook to Great Britain.' which was published in response to repeated requests from English and American tourists, and now appears in a second edition, is intended to help the traveller in planning his tour and disposing of his time to the best advantage, and thus to enable him the more thoroughly to enjoy and appreciate the objects of interest he meets with. The writer is Mr. J. F. Muirhead, M. A., who has for several years taken part in the preparation of the English editions of Baedeker's Handbooks, and has personally visited the greater part of the districts described."--Preface.
Red cloth boards lettered in gilt on front cover and spine. All edges marbled.
Includes bibliographical references (p. xxxi-xxxii) and index.
- Local notes:
- Frost Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2010 by Robert Frost.
Frost Collection copy has disbound front free endpaper.
Frost Colllection copy has autograph of A. B. King.
- Penn Provenance:
- Frost, Robert (donor) (Frost Collection copy)
King, A. B. (autograph) (Frost Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Muirhead, James F. (James Fullarton), 1853-1924.
Robert Frost Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|