The vampyre ; a tale.
- London, Sherwood, Neely, and Jones, 1819.
xxv, -84 p. 22 cm.
- The "Extract of a letter to the editor" (p.[v]-xvi) and "Extract of a letter, containing an account of Lord Byron's residence in the island of Mitylene" (p. -84) have been ascribed to John Mitford, R.N. cf. Brit. mus. Catalogue and Notes & queries, 3d ser., v.7, p.201.
Published also in the New monthly magazine, April, 1819, where it was attributed by the publisher to Byron; subsequently repudiated by him and claimed by Polidori. cf. Works of Lord Byron, ed. by Prothero, v.3, p.446-453; v.4, p. 286-288, 296-299, and the Diary of J.W. Polidori, ed. by W. M. Rossetti, p.11-24.
- Local notes:
- Bound with: Byron, George Gordon Byron. Werner. London, 1823.
- Penn Provenance:
- Haney, John Louis, 1877-1960 (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wise, T.J. Bibliography of Byron v.2, p. 71-72
- Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824.
Mitford, John, 1782-1831.
Collection of British and American Fiction, 1660-1830 (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|