Letter to Isaac Hull Platt, 1910.
1 item (7 leaves).
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Authorship -- Baconian theory.
Bacon, Francis, 1561-1626 -- Cipher.
Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400.
- William Thomas Smedley was the author of "The Mystery of Francis Bacon" (London, 1912).
- Concerns the Baconian cipher theory of Shakespeare's plays. Encloses a copy of a letter to Smedley from W. W. Greg, dated 17 June 1910.
Also encloses a copy of some verses, entitled "The Reader to Geffrey [sic] Chaucer," prefixed to Smedley's copy of Chaucer (1598). According to Smedley, this edition was annotated by Ben Jonson and taken through the press by Francis Bacon, who is referred to in the verses. The verses are signed "H.B."
- Platt, Isaac Hull, 1853-1912.
Greg, W. W. (Walter Wilson), 1875-1959.
- Contained In:
- H. H. Furness Memorial Library manuscript collection.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|