Miscellaneous manuscripts, 1797-1822.
19 items (19 leaves).
- France -- History -- 19th century.
France -- History -- 18th century.
- Manuscripts, French -- 19th century.
- In French.
- Hyde de Neuville was a conspirator and a friend of General Moreau. He was exiled to New York but was recalled to France in 1814 and afterwards named ambassador to the United States. He was a supporter of the Bourbons.
- Consists of a dossier of 17 official documents relating to Hyde de Neuville, plus a letter to Hyde and a letter of 1822 from Hyde during his service as ambassador to the United States. In this last letter he particularly discusses Columbia University.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold by Librairie Niçoise (Nice), 25 November 1969.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|