Miscellaneous manuscripts, 1819.
1 item (1 leaf).
- Goodenow, John Milton, 1782-1838. Historical sketches of the principles of American jurisprudence ... -- 1819. -- Criticism and interpretation.
Crime and criminals.
Law -- United States -- History and criticism -- 19th century.
- James Wilson was publisher of The Western Herald & Steubenville Gazette of Steubenville, Ohio from 1817-1844. He is not the same as James Wilson (1742-1798), the Pennsylvania jurist who signed the Declaration of Independence.
- Letter dated 3 November 1819 in Steubenville, Oh. to Col. William Duane, editor of the Aurora in Philadelphia. The letter consists of Wilson's comments concerning J. M. Goodenow's book Historical sketches of the principles of American jurisprudence, in contrast with the doctrines of the English Common Law on the subject of crimes and punishments (Steubenville, Printed by James Wilson, 1819). Wilson writes to Duane to inform him about the book and to ask that Duane publish his comments, together with any alterations that Duane may see fit to make.
- J. M. Goodenow was a lawyer in Steubenville, Oh.
- Duane, William, 1760-1835, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|