[The American country almanack for the year of Christian account, 1746. [microform] : ... Calculated from Caroline tables, according to art, and fitted for the province of New-York, but may without sensible error serve all the provinces adjacent. / By Thomas More, philodespot. ; [Four lines of verse]
- [New-York: : Printed and sold by James Parker, at the printing-office in Beaver-Street., 1745]
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 5646.
 p. ; (8vo)
- Almanacs -- New York (State) -- 1746.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York New York.
United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- This is the first appearance of the Thomas More almanac for which issues bearing Parker's New York imprint and Benjamin Franklin's Philadelphia imprint were published. The New York and the Philadelphia More almanacs for 1746 are printed from the same setting of type, differing only in the place names in the title, the imprints, and the contents of the court days.
The only known copy, held by the Library of Congress, lacks title page. Title page transcription determined from the Franklin-Philadelphia issue.
"Thomas More" is a pseudonym.
Advertised in the New York weekly post-boy, Oct. 21, 1745.
Microfiche. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1985] 11 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 5646).
- Cited in:
- Evans 5646
Drake, M. Almanacs, 5632
Miller, C.W. Franklin, 377
- More, Thomas, philodespot.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|