By His Excellency William Shirley, Esq; ... A proclamation. [microform] : Whereas discovery has been lately made in the colony of Connecticut, of a combination of divers wicked and dissolute people for counterfeiting the bills of credit, of this and the neighbouring governments ... Given at the Council chamber in Boston, the fifteenth day of March 1748 [new style, 1749]. ...
- Boston: : Printed by John Draper, printer to his excellency the governour and Council., 
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 40500.
1 sheet ( p.) : coat of arms.
- Bill, Joseph.
Counterfeiters -- New England.
Counterfeits and counterfeiting -- New England.
Crime -- New England.
Bills of exchange -- New England.
Bounties -- Massachusetts.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Warning against the acceptance of the counterfeit bills of credit, and offering a reward of fifty pounds for the capture of Joseph Bill or Isaac Jones, and a reward of twenty-five pounds for the capture and conviction of any accomplices.
Signed: By order of the governour, with the advice of the Council, W. Shirley. J. Willard, secr.
Microfiche. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1985] 11 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 40500).
- Cited in:
- Bristol B1438
Shipton & Mooney 40500
Ford, W.C. Broadsides, 896
- Shirley, William, 1694-1771.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|