By the Honorable Stephen Hopkins, Esq; governor ... of Rhode-Island ... A proclamation. [microform] : ... I issue this proclamation, hereby ordering that Thursday, the twenty-second day of November current, be observed and kept by all the inhabitants of this colony, as a day of public thanksgiving ... Given under my hand, at the Council chamber, at South-Kingstown, the second day of November ... Annoq; dom. 1759.
- [Newport, R.I. : Printed by James Franklin, 1759]
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 41073.
1 sheet ( p.) ; 35 x 29 cm.
- Thanksgiving day proclamations -- 1759 Nov. 22.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Rhode Island Newport.
- The earliest recorded Thanksgiving proclamation of the colony.
Signed: Step. Hopkins.
Imprint supplied by Alden.
Microfiche. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1985] 11 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 41073).
- Cited in:
- Bristol B2067
Shipton & Mooney 41073
Alden, J.E. Rhode Island, 213
- Hopkins, Stephen, 1707-1785.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|