The right way to shake off a viper. [microform] : An essay, upon a case too commonly calling for consideration; what shall good men do, when they are evil spoken of? : With a preface of Dr. Increase Mather,
- The second impression. [Eight lines of quotations]
- Boston: : Printed by S. Kneeland, for S. Gerrish, and sold at his shop., 1720.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 2143.
, xiv, 64 p. ; 16 cm. (12mo)
- Libel and slander.
- Sermons -- 1720.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Caption title: The true way of shaking off a viper.
Attributed to Cotton Mather by Holmes.
"The first edition was London, 1711. There was only one Boston printing [i.e., the so-called 'second impression'] ..."--Shipton & Mooney . Evans entry 2142 (for a first Boston impression) is a ghost.
Microfiche. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1985] 11 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 2143).
- Cited in:
- Evans 2143
Holmes, T.J. Cotton Mather, 335-B
Holmes, T.J. Increase Mather, 98
- Mather, Increase, 1639-1723.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|