The Democratic judge: or The equal liberty of the press, as exhibited, explained, and exposed, in the prosecution of William Cobbett, for a pretended libel against the King of Spain and his embassador, before Thomas M'Kean, chief justice of the state of Pennsylvania. [microform] / By Peter Porcupine.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Democratic judge.
- Philadelphia: : Published by William Cobbett, opposite Christ-Church, March, 1798.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 33523.
102,  p. ; 24 cm. (8vo)
- Casa Yrujo, Carlos Martínez de Yrujo y Tacón, marqués de, 1763-1824.
McKean, Thomas, 1734-1817.
Charles IV, King of Spain, 1748-1819.
Pennsylvania. Supreme Court.
Trials (Libel) -- Pennsylvania.
Freedom of the press -- Pennsylvania.
Libel and slander -- Pennsylvania.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Also issued as part of some copies of: Cobbett, William. Porcupine's works. Vol. II. Philadelphia : Cobbett, [1797-1798] (Evans 31948).
Two states noted. In one (Gaines 37a), p. 54, line 9 has the word "common" misspelled "commo". In the other (Gaines 37b), the error has been corrected.
Microfiche. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1985] 11 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 33523).
- Cited in:
- Evans 33523
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 37a
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 37b
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|