The Holy Bible: [microform] : containing the Old Testament and the New. / Translated into the Indian language, and ordered to be printed by the Commissioners of the United Colonies in New-England, at the charge, and with the consent of the Corporation in England for the Propagation of the Gospel amongst the Indians in New-England.
- Standardized Title:
- Bible. Algonquian. Eliot. 1663.
- Other Title:
- Mamusse wunneetupanatamwe Up-Biblum God ...
Wusku Wuttestamentum Nul-Lordumun Jesus Christ nuppoquohwussuaeneumun.
- Cambridge [Mass.]: : Printed by Samuel Green and Marmaduke Johnson., MDCLXIII. 
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 72.
 p. ; 20 cm. (4to)
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Cambridge.
- Seven states, differing in the number of certain preliminary leaves, are described in Pilling, J.C. Bibliography of the Algonquian languages, and summarized by Evans. Described here is an ideal copy, with all preliminaries.
Second title page, p. : Mamusse wunneetupanatamwe Up-Biblum God naneeswe Nukkone Testament kah wonk Wusku Testament. Ne quoshkinnumuk nashpe wuttinneumoh Christ noh asoowesit John Eliot. Cambridge: Printeuoop nashpe Samuel Green kah Marmaduke Johnson. 1663.
Dedicated to Charles II.
Printed in two columns.
"The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Translated into the Indian language, and ordered to be printed ... Cambridg: Printed by Samuel Green and Marmaduke Johnson. MDCLXI."--p. [841-1104], with separate title page. With a second title page in Algonquian ("Wusku Wuttestamentum Nul-Lordumun Jesus Christ nuppoquohwussuaeneumun."). Also issued separately (Evans 64).
The Psalms of David, with caption title: VVame ketoohomae uketoohomaongash David, p. [1105-1204].
Rules for Christian living, by John Eliot, in Algonquian, p. [1205-1206].
Microfiche. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1985] 11 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 72).
- Cited in:
- Evans 72
Wing (2nd ed.) B2748
- Eliot, John, 1604-1690, tr.
Charles II, King of England, 1630-1685, dedicatee.
Company for Propagation of the Gospel in New England and the Parts Adjacent in America.
United Colonies of New England. Commissioners.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|