The Democratic judge: or The equal liberty of the press, as exhibited, explained, and exposed, in the prosecution of William Cobbett, for a pretended libel against the King of Spain and his embassador, before Thomas M'Kean, chief justice of the state of Pennsylvania. [microform] / By Peter Porcupine.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Democratic judge.
- Philadelphia: : Published by William Cobbett, opposite Christ-Church, March, 1798.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 31948.
102,  p. ; (8vo)
- Casa Yrujo, Carlos Martínez de Yrujo y Tacón, marqués de, 1763-1824.
McKean, Thomas, 1734-1817.
Charles IV, King of Spain, 1748-1819.
Pennsylvania. Supreme Court.
Trials (Libel) -- Pennsylvania.
Freedom of the press -- Pennsylvania.
Libel and slander -- Pennsylvania.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Issued as the ninth title in some copies of: Cobbett, William. Porcupine's works. Vol. II. Philadelphia, Cobbett, [1797-1798] (Evans 31948). Also issued separately (Evans 33523; Gaines 37a-b).
For a discussion of the two states of the separate issue, see Gaines 37a-b. Only Gaines 37b has been found in the collected Porcupine's works.
Microfiche. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1985] 11 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 31948).
- Cited in:
- Evans 31948
- Contained In:
- [Unknown host].
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|